SailNet Community banner

41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
This is really great. I finally found a plotter that I could print full size charts on. I have come across a few that I am interested in that give me this message: "The image “http://xpda.com/nauticalcharts/12326%20APPROACHES%20TO%20NEW%20YORK%20FIRE%20ISLAND%20LIGHT%20TO%20SEA%20GIRT.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors."
Is that the end of the story? Or is there something I can do to access these charts?
At any rate thanks BobW. for the work you did.
BP
i used this link with firefox and it worked fine...good luck

link

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Are there any UK users on here? It's great for you guys to have free charts for the US. does anyone know of anything equivalent over here?

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Wow!!! Super! Thanks a lot! Could you reaload

12402 - New York Lower Bay map?
Can't open it.
xpda.com/nauticalcharts/12402%20NEW%20YORK%20LOWER%20BAY%20NORTHERN%20PART.png

·
Sergio
2 Posts
Thanks Bob. It was really a great job and must have been difficult and time consuming. I am sure it will be much appreciated by all sailors.

Regards

Sergio

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
There is another rather neat chart place on the Internet. For now it is a free demop and there are mistakes and you can't print. But it make a GREAT planning site for any trips etc.
NOAA

·
vagrant
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
14934 was not working either... Am I doing something wrong?
That loads OK for me. Some browsers don't seem to like large .png files. Try downloading it instead of opening it (right-click, Save Target As in IE, or right-click, Save Link As in Firefox), then open it with a photo program. If you don't have a photo program that reads .png files, you can download Photo Mud. Let me know if none of that works.

Bob

·
vagrant
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
12402 - New York Lower Bay map? Can't open it.
That loads OK for me. Some browsers don't seem to like large .png files. Try downloading it instead of opening it (right-click, Save Target As in IE, or right-click, Save Link As in Firefox), then open it with a photo program. If you don't have a photo program that reads .png files, you can download Photo Mud. Let me know if none of that works.

(This is a duplicate answer -- is that considered bad form?)

Bob

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts

·
2,437 Posts
Great Resource

·
Solo Sailoring ..... :o)
14 Posts
HI;
I assume you have a computer onboard so. I use "Seaclear 2", download Rsater charts (BSB) from NOAA or ACE (inland). Then just open the chart, follow the chart popup menus and click PRINT. Personally, I like using this with a USB-GPS receiver (under$50.00) and follow my progress from chart to chart onscreen. The interesting part is that this is a very small sized program, runs well on almost any windows based computer, and it's FREE.

Adios
G.

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
13"X19" charts

NOAA makes official, up-to-date 13X19 "Pocket Charts" for all US waters available on waterproof paper for under $6 bucks each. Available thru chart agents at NOAA's website.
I happen to be one of those agents, but I'll let you go to the NOAA site and select your own source, rather than be a commercial opportunist here.
They are created and continually updated by NOAA, reduced from master plot files to fit 13X19. Some of the Florida Intracoastal PocketCharts are hard to read, as they are produced in panels across the page and waste a lot of white space, rather than one big graphic as are most charts. In the main, though, Pocket Charts are quite usable in that size format.
Ya might haul a magnifier aboard.
FYI.

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
41 - 60 of 154 Posts