SailNet Community banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Sure, there will be pressure towards near-real-time.
We always see escalation, no matter what the product and market, but I do think web broadcasting of 'shows' has the strong future, and will continue to eat into conventional broadcasting. Maybe not as greatly and quickly as print has been impacted, but still by a great deal. It's nothing but upwards an onwards.....

With so many now into it, I think you decide what game/level you will play..and just do that well. It's real work, not 'cruising' (our app).

Personally, I enjoy the 'real' productions and I really like to see/learn without exaggeration. Thongs and bikinis are a dime a dozen....maybe now a penny a dozen...:)
But you chose your market and then go for it.

Maybe we'll see intern students at universities doing editing to bring it sooner, and eventually there will be some doing fulltime production enroute.

The dollars and personal desires will be the filtering controls.

Just thoughts....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Great to hear about your adventures. Thanks for the chronological updates!

I'm not intending to be critical, only thought provoking. The only reason to care is whether increasing Patreon or subscription counts is important. One would think the higher volume channels would have similar challenges to get product published. Just recently I noticed them make a concerted effort to get closer to real time. Some lag is necessary. Really up to you. I think one of the factors is the depth of coverage. For sure, the high volume channels are skipping days, even weeks at a time to presumably focus on what they think is most entertaining. I've long suspected that the near real time vicarious factor is impactful on $$ and was interested to see they might too.

I enjoy watching your vids. All the best.
We are publishing videos in real time for our community on Patreon. So far in this new season of voyaging we have published 4 Real Time Update Videos.

A week ago we pushed off from Scotland and sailed to Faroe. We're now sailing all over Faroe (and this place is amazing! :) Soon we will push off for Svalbard, just 600 nautical miles from the north pole.

Here's a link to our first Real Time Update:

Our Real Time Updates are all available for all of our patrons all the time at www.patreon.com/DrakeParagon

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Season 3 Finale: Arrival in St. John's, Newfoundland | #45 | DrakeParagon Sailing S

Land Ho! After nearly a week at sea, Paragon arrives at her last destination on the North American continent. Of course it's not all smooth sailing as a thick fog descends just as we near the harbour. But a fantastic group welcomes us (with not one pod, but two!) and raises everyone's spirits! Join us in the Finale of Season 3 as we enter our last Canadian harbour on the way to Greenland!

If you enjoyed this video, then please consider giving it a thumbs up, making a comment, or supporting this documentary at https://www.patreon.com/DrakeParagon

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Hey Drake and Mo! I've really been enjoying your videos. They just keep getting better and better - and the scenery is just amazing. Hope you guys are well!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hey Drake and Mo! I've really been enjoying your videos. They just keep getting better and better - and the scenery is just amazing. Hope you guys are well!
Thanks Smackdaddy! :) In real time, we've been exploring the Faroe Islands for the past month since sailing up from Scotland, and we're really excited about pushing off Spitsbergen/Svalbard at 79 degrees north latitude next month.

I've never sailed that far north. We'll be just 600 nautical miles from the north pole, and I've got about 700 nautical miles of voyaging all over the archipelago planned.

I can't wait to film it all! There are far more polar bears and walruses than there are people. There are lots of amazing ruins - from whaling stations to an abandoned Soviet coal mining cities, to crashed Nazi bomber planes. There are tons glaciers and icebergs everywhere, and we'll be going to some of the most remote places.

Future season of DrakeParagon! :)

81 - 86 of 86 Posts