SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys (&gals)

I'm looking for a quality (stress QUALITY) canvas maker on Lake Ontario that can make a drop top dodger like Gemini marine's.
Gemini Marine Products & Custom Canvas

I'm thinking that the north side is the place to go; i just don't know who to trust. I want to do this once and right. (Toronto/Hamilton/Kingston)

Any other variations on the drop-top idea more than welcome.

If you can incorporate the link for any recommendations that would be nice.

Thanks

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
Bumping a post every 37 minutes is not cool. This is a very regional post, someone will eventually come along and help, but don't expect immediate answers.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Guys (&gals)

I'm looking for a quality (stress QUALITY) canvas maker on Lake Ontario that can make a drop top dodger like Gemini marine's.
Gemini Marine Products & Custom Canvas

I'm thinking that the north side is the place to go; i just don't know who to trust. I want to do this once and right. (Toronto/Hamilton/Kingston)

Any other variations on the drop-top idea more than welcome.

If you can incorporate the link for any recommendations that would be nice.

Thanks
Can't help with a recommendation in your area, but I can heartily endorse the concept... I think such a windshield/convertible top arrangement works out to be the best of all possible worlds in terms of a canvas dodger... Sail with this sort of setup for awhile, and one comes to fully appreciate that most dodgers are often unnecessary, and simply in the way about 90% of the time :)

My solution was to build an actual rigid windshield, that the aft bar of the dodger folds on top of when stowing the dodger. I love this setup, and would never have anything else unless I hit the lottery, and go to something of a size where a hard dodger would be practical...

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Try Island Canvas on Queens Quay, Toronto. I have benn very impressed with their work, but not certain if they do that type of dodger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts