SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've moved to Dubai 3 weeks ago.
I live near this club: DOSC. They have sailing lessons, but they start in the autumn. It's much too hot right now.
I go to the beach every day, when the sun starts to set, and I see boats out there sailing.
How can I get in contact with someone who is looking for crew. I don't have the patience to wait for a couple of months. I would love to get involved with sailing as soon as possible.
Any DOSC members here, or anyone from Dubai for that matter?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was there for a few days visiting college friends in May, 2014 and rented a little boat. Like a Vanguard? They had instructors teaching.

I'll look at my credit card statement tomorrow and let you know. It was a great facility and catered to ex-pats.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, that's where I was. I'd go take a lesson or rent a dinghy and voulenteer to help them with race set-up or anything really. Or just hang around Jumeirah Beach.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, that's where I was. I'd go take a lesson or rent a dinghy and voulenteer to help them with race set-up or anything really. Or just hang around Jumeirah Beach.
I found a member and he got me inside. I will apply for membership in a couple of weeks or so. There is not much activity during the summer months. But starting SEP I will start volunteering :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts