SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay we all know duct tape is the fix all. mythbusters just did a whole hour on duct tape. the funniest part is they built a duct tape sailing dinghy, and sailed it on the frisco bay. they used a steel frame with duct tape glue to glue as a skin. even the sail, rudder, and keel where all duct tape.

i am sure discovery online has the clips

· Registered
969 Posts
Reaction score
Mythbusters had a real good show this week, they wanted to find out if a car got better gas mileage when it was clean or when dirty. The first part showed that the clean car did better, but they got to thinking, what if we put dimples on it like a golf ball. Well, you guessed it, the car with dimples got almost 4mpg better mileage than the car with just the clay (which was used to make the dimples). This show wight be on at another time, it's a good one.

Mike

· Registered
991 Posts
Reaction score
I made a coracle out of sisal twine, 1/4" pvc tubing, and clear plastic. It floated for about ten minutes, down a river, until I got a leg cramp and popped my toenail through the plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.