SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just came across one of these boats for sale at my Marina. I'm looking to step up to a 31ft racer cruiser but can't find much info on these. Also looking at the pearson 31-2 and the Tartan 3000. Btw, don't love the looks of the Dufour but the price seems right????

Rich

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,641 Posts
Rich, you'll find more on the Dufours on the web, mainly in England and France. They never seemed to have a big presence in the US market, which also keeps their prices down (both when you buy it and when you sell it) but they seem to be generally well-built boats. Just not a leading name in the US market.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out the Dufour was a piece of junk. The decks made me want to lay down and take a nap they were so soft. And that ancient looking volvo diesel freaked me out.

Traveled to Annapolis this weekend and put a deposit on the 1984 Tartan 3000. The quality still shows 25years later

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dufour 31 is an excellent boat although not very common in North America

I own one '79 and can only say the best about it for money spent on it.

do some review on sailnet to find out about it

petar

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brooklyn 3800

Yea it's in Gateway marina. Don't buy this boat for more than a grand or two. Major project and prob not worth it. There are a lot of nice boats out there just find a nice on and make a low offer. Times are tough you'll prob get what you want

1 - 6 of 6 Posts