SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,
I'm looking to buy a Duncanson 34/35 and I would like a little feedback on my choice. Much of the intended cruising will be in the Coral Sea and Asia South Pacific region, winds about 15 to 35 knots if all goes according to plan... I'm not much of a fan of latitudes greater than about 40!
Short handed (1guy 1girl) sailing will be the primary sailing style though capacity for another couple in relative comfort is desireable.
Most of my work is with power vessels (I'm a skipper and engineer for vessels up to 25 metres) and am currently working on a 20m vessel doing week trips 110nm into the coral sea and also inner Great Barrier Reef. I have only 2400nm of delivery sailing so an easy sailing vessel is required for further learning.
Budget? Within 80,000 aussie pesos, I mean dollars, for the boat and a haul out for a look and poke around with a surveyor.I've looked in the review section here and come up empty, though other reviews have been favourable and the owners I've spoken with like their Duncansons A LOT.
Any thoughts??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great reply TDW,
I've been aboard one though only for a rum and a sticky beak rather than seeing how she performed. I had similar thoughts about the head arrangement to yourself as I am 6'2"- perhaps dismissing them as me being spoiled by having most of my sea time on stink boats with good appointments. I'll have a bit of a look at your other suggestions, thanks. Being up in the tropics, I don't always get to see a lot of yachts "in the flesh"
Thanks again.
Troy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.