SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are about to purchase an E.O. 36. The boat was also marketed as a Union 36. If anyone has ANY info about the boat it will be very much appreciated.

Ron Mariano

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you go to BoatSearch here on SailNet, there are two reviews by owners of Union 36''s. You can also email these people. Also noticed there are 4 Union 36''s for sale on www.boats.com so you can get an idea of price. It looks like a Robert Perry design. He does have a service (look in Sailing Magazine--for a fee) where you can contact him about a boat he designed, and he will give you lots of info. Anybody out there have any experience with this? It might be worthwhile--I just don''t know. Good luck. By the design it looks like a nice boat for some serious cruising.
Rob ~~~~_/)~~~~

·
Registered
770 Posts
I remember trying to find the guy that they claimed "designed" the E.O. 36 a/k/a Union 36 because "they" said he lived in Winterport, Maine, and I lived nearby. Can''t remember his name, but it seems like I''ve even seen Bob Perry put the name in print. Non-existent. Nada. Nothing on the tax rolls, phone book, nobody ever heard of him. Looks to me to be a Bob Perry ripoff with a definite Western Pacific tale behind it....not atypical for that region of the world...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts