SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Umm, a quote from his website:

The solar panels and wind generators that my members created look amazing!
I seriously doubt that his members created any solar panels... making a solar panel, unless it is for hot water generation, is a high-tech enterprise, and not something a home user is going to be able to do. Most people aren't going to be capable or willing to make their own wind generator. At the least, he's not being truthful in that statement...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree imagine. I just went to the site. This guy is a fake and a fraud.

BTW he looks like he has one foot in the grave. :D

Wow, pretty sure of yourself. How can you call someone a fraud, when YOU are making claims based on assumption?

What do you guys mean by not being able to exit the site? I'm having no trouble.

I'm not sure of the product, but assume you wouldn't actually be building solar cells. I was thinking there's probably a way to buy wholesale solar cells, then you build your own panel.

Also, I don't see why it would be that difficult to build a wind turbine given you had access to the parts.

Who knows? It might work, it might not. I'll just have to research more!

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Most legitimate sites don't have a popup that you have to click on in order to leave the website or close it. Generally, that's a feature of less than legitimate websites.

·
not Sully or Dandelion
195 Posts
Who knows? It might work, it might not. I'll just have to research more!
Ok man you take the plunge let us know if you can as he says. "Save your energy bill by 80 percent".
"Michael's complete step-by-step fully illustrated manual + easy to follow videos will have you generating your own electricity for less than $200!"
Ok give it a go.

BTW I like Susie, I think she's hot :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most legitimate sites don't have a popup that you have to click on in order to leave the website or close it. Generally, that's a feature of less than legitimate websites.
I don't seem to have that problem, maybe my pop-up blocker looks after it.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ref: The UnSponsored Link: Consumer Reports WebWatch's Weblog: Earth4Energy.com Falls Short of WebWatch Guidelines

Another big indication is the number of domains that promote to the site and including a prominently named "RipOff" that glowing discusses the site that the domain indicates.

My verdict - scam to the highest degree (please do read the link above as well as this one: http://nlcpr.com/Deceptions6.php)....

I read the top link (bottom one didn't work), very interesting, but still no concrete answer. It seems people have had good experiences, and others terrible experiences.

I guess it depends on your outlook going in. I look at everything in life the same way, the answer is neither black nor white, its usually somewhere in the grey area.

It probs takes more work, and cost a little more than advertised, but it may work given some trial and error.

I just don't see why a liveaboard can't build their own solar pannels, for much less than what a standard pannels from ie:Sharp costs.

It'd be interesting hearing from a Sailnet member who's tried it, for some reason i trust people on hear more than from some random site.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Not quite sure what part of it is a fraud did you not understand???

I read the top link (bottom one didn't work), very interesting, but still no concrete answer. It seems people have had good experiences, and others terrible experiences.

I guess it depends on your outlook going in. I look at everything in life the same way, the answer is neither black nor white, its usually somewhere in the grey area.

It probs takes more work, and cost a little more than advertised, but it may work given some trial and error.

I just don't see why a liveaboard can't build their own solar pannels, for much less than what a standard pannels from ie:Sharp costs.

It'd be interesting hearing from a Sailnet member who's tried it, for some reason i trust people on hear more than from some random site.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, that one worked.

I don't believe that site anymore than the others I've found. It seems many of the complaints are about solar and wind power in general, and how it's too hard to power a house. I was just looking to add some extra power for a sailboat.

But you have a point that there are lots of negative reviews, almost too many, then the others i read praise it... haha. Google does seem to love this product though.

It looks like if you can buy cheap used solar cells, you might have something. Enough to power your home? Maybe not.

Anyways thanks for your opinions so far!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not quite sure what part of it is a fraud did you not understand???
It was the part from someone you has no idea about the product, never met the guy he called a fraud, and simply made an accusation based on opinion.

I really don't care that much, but i was looking for info from people who may have tried it, that's all.

I don't find that statement was any less of a fraud, than say the website.

But i'm a happy guy so no need to side track any longer........well you can have one more shot back!!...haha

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Not going to remove the whole thread or ban anyone as yet but I have removed the link to the commercial site cos quite frankly I reckon it was a scam. If not a scam it sure did sound like one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
they are for real i have not used them but did a lot of research on them but if you are a diy type you can buy there book it will show u how i found info on u tube about building pannels your self and wind gen also but i just bought mine

1 - 20 of 34 Posts