SailNet Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Weekend Sailor
141 Posts
Sounds like a fine approximation to me (as an engineer with a simulation background). Nephew-to-be is studying turbulence, fluid dynamics and "large eddy simulation (LES) models from the perspective of their a priori statistical characteristics." which sounds to me like he's the guy you want to verify your approach; I'll hit him up in a couple weeks when he returns from his honeymoon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
JJ,
Don't forget to factor in rainfall. After Henri, seemed we had an extra knot of current near the willy wall. That probably has less impact on the East River, but, certainly would have made a difference getting there from the lower bay.

Perhaps some folks from Davidson labs would be interested. See:

/ed
I finally got around to clicking the link. That is some pretty cool stuff. I'm reaching out to them to see if they want to help. Looks like a nice collection of nerds like me! Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sounds like a fine approximation to me (as an engineer with a simulation background). Nephew-to-be is studying turbulence, fluid dynamics and "large eddy simulation (LES) models from the perspective of their a priori statistical characteristics." which sounds to me like he's the guy you want to verify your approach; I'll hit him up in a couple weeks when he returns from his honeymoon.
So is your nephew-to-be back from his honeymoon? Hopefully a sailing honeymoon.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts