SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other then the Sassafras River Marinas? I know it's a long shot (cost) but I'm thinking I'd like to get a summer season mooring like I had for the end of the summer that I bought my boat.

thanks in advance!

·
Banned
12,366 Posts
Denise,

Check the Marinas on Swan Creek and Rock Hall, We see lots of mooring balls whenever we anchor over there.

Also check on Wharton Creek.

Its another 20 minute to 1/2 hour drive down the eastern shore...but the places acccesable from there are worth it. rock hall, Chester, Paatabsco, Magothy, Annapolis are all a days sail from Rock Hall. Sassafrass is way north

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
Swan Creek Marina in Rock Hall, MD has moorings:

About Swan Creek Marina

Last Labor Day I visited Wharton Creek and it appeared the moorings had been removed. You might check with Wharton Creek Marina to see if that was permanent or temporary.

You'll enjoy being in Rock Hall, at least I do.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Denise,

I can heartily recommend a mooring on Worton Creek - I had my boat there for the past two seasons (I've since moved it up the coast to CT). The moorings are controlled by Green Point Landing Marina (410-778-1615). Ray, Jessica and the rest of the staff at Green Point treat everyone like family. If it wasn't a seven hour one-way commute for me, I'd be back there next season!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts