SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I posted this last week on the Crusing a forum and got no replies. So, I am going to retry using this forum. Thank you.

Hello, from a new member. I have done the usual Internet search, as well as a nationwide search on Craigslist but I have found no information to help me. I am wondering what members think to be a fair market price for an Eastward Ho 24 in descent shape, fairly low time diesel inboard and enclosed head.

I have read that it is not the most able sailer, not fast, but a comfortable weekender or cruiser. If any one wants to voice other opinions especially a comparison to the Flicka or other similar sailboats under 25 feet, please do.

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
I don't know what your budget is or how many people you want/need to sleep, but I think the Nonsuch 22 is a terrific little boat, standing headroom, fun and easy to sail. Only sleeps two people which may be a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it. They are not cheap on a LOA basis but not too bad on a per basis. Many have wheels, the one I sailed had a tiller and was great fun.

I have no personal knowledge of the Eastward Ho other than to see them. I find them quite pretty but the people saying they are slow are right. I think the boat i somewhere around the border between a sailboat and a motor sailor. Nothing wrong with this as long as you understand this from the git go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I was not familiar with the Nonsuch 22, or truthfully any others, but I am learning. Looking at it, I would say standing room and an inboard diesel in a 22 foot package is attractive. I like the catboat design. For others that may be interested in helping, yes, accommodation for two is adequate and that price range around $20,000 is about all I want to spend. I started my question last week, as there was an Eastward Ho available locally, at $20,000. But looking online I saw one ( believe one that had sold) for $12 Grand. $10-15 would be much better than $20, naturally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts