SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Asleep at the wheel
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new boat! So what is she? Where are the pictures?!!? :)

Regarding what you NEED, as you can probably tell from the responses above, it will depend on your anticipated use. Tell us a little more about the boat, where you'll keep her, and what you expect to do with her (day sail, live aboard, long-term cruise, etc.)

Edited to add: Harbor Freight Tools is giving away multimeters this month, no purchase necessary. Print the coupon from their web site and visit a store.

Asleep at the wheel
Reaction score
You may even be able to pick up a charger on Craigslist. If you're in a saltwater area, I'd avoid the stuff from Harbor Freight or some of the other, inexpensive chargers. Get a good quality marine charger, even if it is used.

Asleep at the wheel
Reaction score
Hey,

In May of 2012 I replaced all three batteries on the boat. I paid $95.27 each for 3 Maxx 96 group 27 deep cycle. It is listed a 114AH, 845 MCA. If that lasts me 5 years I will be more than happy. I can afford $300 in batteries every 5 years. Before that, I bought 2 new batteries in 2017 (1 bat was new).

Barry
Did your boat open a wormhole and send you forward/backward in time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.