SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,859 Posts
Reaction score
not

The crimp tools mounted to the work bench at most WM stores are sized for nico press swage sleeves not electrical crimp connectors... As such it will be guess work at best to ascertain whether you have actually made a true cold formed crimp. If using these tools I would advise cutting a fitting open right in the middle of the crimp then hitting it with a drill mounted wire brush to see if any wire ends expose. If you see individual strands instead of one solid mass of copper the crimp is not a good one..

It may very well make a solid crimp but to be sure I'd certainly want to visually inspect one especially on that gauge wire..

· Super Moderator
6,859 Posts
Reaction score
That's very cool

Actually, they have both at the stores I mentioned
That's very cool. The 12 or so WM stores I've been in only have the Nico Pres crimp tools not electrical.

This is what the heads look like on the electrical lug crimping tools and also the chart that shows how to choose the right dies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.