SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Reaction score
Since you say you're not concerned about resale, I'd be more concerned that having to depend on pump-out would make long trips away from main centres a problem becuse if you have no pump-out and no self-discharge, a full tank leaves you with no heads.

The fitting is still good, why mess with it? You're just limiting your options.
StanleyCup, like myself, is in the Great Lakes and at least a 2-3 week trip to get into water that we could actually dump overboard. I removed the hose to my macerator, closed off the opening in the holding tank and removed the macerator due to permeated hose and smell in the aft cabin. I doubt that reasale would be affected as most of the boats in this area tend to remain in this area.

· Registered
401 Posts
Reaction score
I've been reading up on this a bit lately, and from what I've seen it's illegal to dump overboard anywhere in the Great Lakes. Are you sure about what you're doing?
What I meant was that the only place we could leagally dump overboard is the Ocean which is 2-3 weeks away by boat.... and THEN dump overboard.

scottyt is correct, I currently do NOT have a means to dump overboard, but can easily be reinstated as the cap on the holding tank is threaded and the thru-hull is still there and I have the macerator at home on a shelf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.