SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Alex,

That appears to be a 36i, I'm thinking he was asking about a 30i, a newly launched boat about 6 months ago, and just got Croation BOY.

Jeanneau USA is not planning on bringing the 30i, or the new 33i over here as the shipping is too much on a % basis. ALtho I have heard a really strong rumour they are planing to make hulls for the 33, 36 and 39 in SC on the east coast. So that should make them more competitive with Hunter/Catalina and Beneteau's. I think the 30i would sell here if they wer to make it.

marty

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
I would think the predecessor ie the 29.2 would be findable! or the 32/32i in the SO or SF version. There is still something about the SF35 that would suit my needs well. Not too many here in the states, the SF37 is somewhat common, the SO37 real common!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I thought I specifically asked for Portuguese bar maid pics, not French boats.

J/K that's a pretty boat for sure, I was asking about a 30i but since I won't be able to buy one anyway there is no need for you to go out of your way for me, and shouldn't you be resting in bed? ;) you like Jeanneau's? They make a quality boat?

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Here's a 30i

A 29.2
Not bad prices, the 29.2 is $70K US. Do the trip in the late summer, ie Sept with the across the atlantic rally and some 100+ other boats....... I di not search for used one older than 08!

Boats like mine or the attalia are $15-35K US.

Marty

·
Registered
838 Posts
Here's a 30i

A 29.2
Not bad prices, the 29.2 is $70K US. Do the trip in the late summer, ie Sept with the across the atlantic rally and some 100+ other boats....... I di not search for used one older than 08!

Boats like mine or the attalia are $15-35K US.

Marty
I don't really like it, not for that money. The main reason I like the 30i is the way it's built. In 5 years 30i's will be less as well. Crossing with the ARC group would be a definite.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
You do not like the 29.2? The 30i might be a bit nicer IMHO. The head if it is anything close to the 36i, wife loves that one! The 33iP might be a good option for us if we did not go for a 3200.

I noticed the first one is for sail, or at least I think it is hull #1! $105KUS! should figure out how to sail home here in the PNW! across the atlantic, thru Caribbean, panama,,,,,up the coast.........hmmmmmm...........

·
Registered
838 Posts
You do not like the 29.2? The 30i might be a bit nicer IMHO. The head if it is anything close to the 36i, wife loves that one! The 33iP might be a good option for us if we did not go for a 3200.

I noticed the first one is for sail, or at least I think it is hull #1! $105KUS! should figure out how to sail home here in the PNW! across the atlantic, thru Caribbean, panama,,,,,up the coast.........hmmmmmm...........
You are really into Jeanneau's arent you? :) I haven't been sailing long enough to develop a brand loyalty yet.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Jeanneau's are good boats for what they are. If you get one, she will serve you well. Most of them are on the quicker sailing side. If you compare a hunter 30 on one end, say a J30 or equal on the other end, a jeanneau out of 100 boats will finish about 20-40th on plain ol speed alone, no handicap etc. Still treat you well interior wise, sailing etc.

But like all brands, they have their quirks too. There is a sulight in anapolis for about $30 IIRC.

That hull #1, is for a 3200, not a 30i!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts