SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., I've replaced the impeller which had a number of broken blades, I located and removed all the missing blades (an more!) from the heat exchanger, I removed the heat exchanger and had it acid cleaned since there were plenty of clogged tubes, I removed and replaced the thermostat, and still the engine runs hot (about 200-210). I also removed the thermostat entirely and ran the engine and the temperature never got above 122, so I figured that told me the thermostat was the problem, but a new thermostat did not fix things. What can I do next?????

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading some other threads on this issue, I'd like to add some information. My hot water heater is disconnected, at least the hoses bring cold water in and hot out. The hoses from the engine are still connected. I have no idea if there is any water in the tank, I suspect not.

Vasco: I'm looking into the exhaust elbow.

donradclife: i tested the old thermostat on the stove and it opened, but after removing the thermostat entirely and running the engine with no overheating I figured the old one was not opening completely so I replaced it but didn't test the new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts