SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SV. Syrena, Morgan 462
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a major refit of my Morgan-462.

While I'm re-paining the walls and bilge in the engine room to get the new engine and genset into the boat, I have not given soundproofing much thought.

I know that almost everyone will have an opinion on what to use or what is best, but my question is: does anyone know of a comparison site where different soundproofing products are compared and rated?

I did see a "paint on" product which worked great on metal but was less effective on wood and fiberglass. That's why I'm looking for a site which may compare the top selling items and show how they rate, differ and how much they cost.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Sometimes a look at applications outside marine industry can be very suitable. My sound attenuation matting is not the best, but at one dollar/sq.ft. nothing else comes closer to pleasing me. Look at what is available and sold as firewall matting at performance automotive shops and distributers. Take care and joy, Aythya crew

·
SV. Syrena, Morgan 462
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I have 3 manufacturers/sites to review and compare. I did find an older post from 2008, the recommended self adhesive tiles are on my list of 3...
I'll update this once I make a selection...

·
SV. Syrena, Morgan 462
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soundown...was the choice. I did not use adhesive panels but "anchors" which the manufacturer sells. Each anchor is attached to the wall/calling with screws and epoxy adhesive.

It's still in the box (es) but I will be mounting it soon... ( used 2in stuff with vapor barrier)

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,287 Posts
I have sample from sundown, quality product, I will probably go with it, you can contact them and get of recommendation for your application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts