SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got a 1975 Ericson 25 with a drop center board. I have always had a power boat since i was young, however This is my first sail boat. I do know how to sail, but never have owned one. I wish to obtain as much inf o on the 25ft Ericson as I can.. like.. how do these hold up in 2-3ft seas? and should I know of anything "special", Is Ericson a good company? Anything thing I should Try to stay away from replacing? And, does anyone know the true draft on this boat. Any help would indeed help me out. Thanks.

·
moderate?
13,875 Posts
Try some of these!
Ericson Owners' Association (Chesapeake)
Maria Penny
2475 Virginia Ave. NW #319
Washington, DC 20037
USA
Phone: 202-342-1250
Email Address
http://www.capoferri.com/ericson/eindex.htm

• Ericson Webpage
    [URL="http://nwericson.homestead.com"]http://nwericson.homestead.com[/URL]

Northeast Ericson Owners Association
    Greg Alexander
    3 Colonial Dr
    Deep River, CT 06417
    USA
    Email Address
    The Northeast Ericson Owners Association looks for owners from Maine to Virginia to be added to their mailing list. They publish an occasional newsletter.

Ericson
    www.Ericsonyachts.org
    This is a large and well-indexed web site built by a bunch of Ericson and Olson owners.

·
Older Junior Member
49 Posts
Ericson..25 need help

Ahoy
Great and classic boat. If I remember correctly Bruce King built them. The 25 and the upgraded 25+ were incredible trailable boats. Very seawhorthy and can handle anything you throw at it. I have a 1974 25 footer and I keep it because it is a classic solid sailor.

A company in California will be making the Ericson again, not sure what it will be like. I believe an Ericson 27 did a circumnavigation.

You can buy a newer more moder boat which will not leak or groan, but it will not sail much better then this old classic.
Fair Winds
JG
s/v Trinity

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great

I LOVE my 25, Even when i upgrade, might be awhile, but I would NEVER sell this one, I LOVE IT....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ericson 25

We own a 1976 Ericson 25 since 1989 and we love this boat.It is a solid boat. The only problem has been with centerboard that we replaced.We have sailed to the california channel islands on many ocasions, taken her to the sea of cortez for extended cruising.

rshumway said:
I have just got a 1975 Ericson 25 with a drop center

board. I have always had a power boat since i was young, however This is my first sail boat. I do know how to sail, but never have owned one. I wish to obtain as much inf o on the 25ft Ericson as I can.. like.. how do these hold up in 2-3ft seas? and should I know of anything "special", Is Ericson a good company? Anything thing I should Try to stay away from replacing? And, does anyone know the true draft on this boat. Any help would indeed help me out. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts