SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Boat to Africa
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a mexican female looking for a crew position from anywhere in Europe to America.
I am fluent in English, italian and spanish and can speak average portuguese and french.
I'm ready to leave from today on (Sept 4th, 2010)

Much love,

Luna

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
Another possible site to try is Offshore Passage Opportunities: Halesite, New York

It would help if you said what geographic location you were in, since it would be easier for you to be taken on as crew if you're local to the boat. Also, it would be a good idea to say what other skills/certifications you have. CPR, wilderness first aid, celestial navigation, navigation, watchkeeping, ability to cook at sea, etc., are all desirable skills and will make you a more valuable addition to a crew.

As a caveat, be careful, being on a transatlantic passage with people you don't know well can be very difficult, if not outright dangerous, so vet the boat and its captain and other crew as thoroughly as possible.

I would point out that finding a boat leaving Europe for America is probably not going to be too common at the moment, since it is still peak hurricane season in the North Atlantic. Generally, the people looking to cross, won't start until a couple months from now, when the hurricane risk is much lower.

·
Registered
4 Posts
do you intersting cruising medateranian

Hello,
I'm a mexican female looking for a crew position from anywhere in Europe to America.
I am fluent in English, italian and spanish and can speak average portuguese and french.
I'm ready to leave from today on (Sept 4th, 2010)

Much love,

Luna
do you interseting crusing medateranian and blacksea crusing .i am looking a skipper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts