SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Matthew Allen, and i am looking for a crewing position on a boat this summer. Currently i am a senior in college as a geography major, and am planning on pursuing a captains licence after some crewing experience. i live in Florida and am seeking opportunity for a crewing position out of this state, but am flexible. i will be in school until may 1st, and then ill be free to take an adventure. i do have previous sailing experience with small boats and Hobie cats. i have made passages to the Bahamas from Florida so i have spent a few days on a sailboat. i have always loved the ocean and spent ample time on it on powerboats. i also worked as a student intern for hunter marine in alachua, Florida, and Connecticut for 3 years. i am a hard worker and would like to explore some of this earth more. a paying job would be nice but not a qualification for my employment, i just want to make sure that a career on the ocean is right for me before i strive for my 100 ton captains licence. any input or suggestions would be nice as i am just trying to get my foot in the door, and jump start my career.

thanks for looking
Matt Allen

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
Welcome to the support group, Matt!

It's funny; when I read the title of your thread I thought it said "excitable" crew member and we would be discussing the best way to subdue and sedate .............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spend a week at a sea school and get STCW95 certified. Then you'll have lots of options. Once you get some sea time, you can test for that 100 T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts