SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13,619 Posts
Reaction score
And maybe add in your own favorite sunblock. Some music, because most folks like to hear something they haven't heard before. And a bag of something tasty for night watches, because everyone likes Other People's Food, too. (G) Small surprises like that are always loved.

You may want to take a pillow or towel as well, sometimes that's the same thing and if you like to sleep one particular way, compress it down and take it. (I don't carry a pillow, but there's always something in particular I'll be using as one.)

· Registered
13,619 Posts
Reaction score
Every Maglite comes with a dimmer. Always has, always will.

If you just put your fingers in front of the light, and let it out a bit in the crack between two fingers, voila, you've got a dimmer.

These are things that anyone with experience working at night are just supposed to learn along the way, like remembering the first time they got told "If you shine that light in my eyes one more time, I'm going to shove it up your *** and pull it out your throat".

Next thing you know, Congress will be banning those Xenon Tactical Assault Lights and calling for flashlight owner licensing and training programs.

· Registered
13,619 Posts
Reaction score
"rummaging around in the galley so as not to light up the entire interior just to grab a granola bar. "
This being why real sailor buy Chernobyl Own Brand Grenola Bar.
Is glowing in dark, no lights needed. Perfect for racing sailor, da?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.