SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
jeje the few times Ive crewed on passages on other peoples boats, was when I was much younger, basically it was bring a watch, your clothes and what do you eat?

everything else was provided...

just saying

now like others have mentioned I would bring some sort of gps or personal spot messenger or mini epirb strobe thingy

knifes, tether or sos sospender combo deal, foul weather gear, an impermeable ditch bag for personals, passports id,mirror, etc...) maybe some survival food too,

oh whats an ACR? not familiar with that term

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
yup even if you dont get sick some dramamine or candied ginger does wonders too

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
That was a few years ago, when LED flash light was just emerging. Tom said they were too bright and kill his nite vision.

It is a valid point that too bright a light source will kill the nite vision. But I think the concern is blown out of proportion. My nite vision will come back less than 5 min. It is unlikely that within that 5 min, a tanker is going to run over you. It is not ideal, but it is not fatal.

Likewise I often complaint about Full Moon, it is too damn bright. I lose my nite vision... :laugher. I prefer sailing in pitch dark. :)[/QUOTE]

are you for real or joking cant make it out but for me one of the most beatiful things in life is sailing with a full moon on big trade winds and rollers...

the sheers beaty and sounds and the way the sea glimmers, is a "sight" to behold

that and the ease of being on watch..you can see almost everything

no need for even running lights jajaja

· Registered
Corsair 24
4,590 Posts
Reaction score
I love the phosphorscence dont get me wrong

but something about being out there with the moon makes it awesome to behold

I could almost read a book some nights out there! jajaja

Reactions: rockDAWG
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.