SailNet Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to the boatyard today and about fell off the ladder when I looked across the yard to find this boat tied up to the bulkhead.

She is Bella Pita, a Tripp 75 built by Maxi Dolphin in Italy. The pictures DO NOT do it justice, I couldn't get far enough away to get it all in a single frame.

The entire boat is built from Carbon, even the flag pole.

Truly an impressive sailing yacht. She just arrived from the BVI last night.

More pics here: Picasa Web Albums - Jason - Tripp_75_Camb...

Attachments

·
baDumbumbum
1,142 Posts
Lovely Flatbread? Nice winches. Each one cost more than my car.:eek:

Could you, like, steal it? Just for a little while?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!
I look at boats like that and think, "I could not afford the rigging."
Than I say to myself, "Looks good, but probably needs a crew of at least ten to sail her."

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,241 Posts
These guys do get very excited around winches. They often confuse them with wenches!
Carbon fiber winches, a crew of ten to sail: eh? I like the old shoes that I own. I can also afford them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think there were 3 on board for the trip from BVI to the Chesapeake. I mean, it's all push button sail handling - even the upper shroud is tensioned hydraulically!

Winches that cost more than my car and a carbon rig that probably cost more than my house.

It IS very sexy....if completely unatainable for all but a very very select few.

It's ironic, this multi-million $$ sailboat tied up in a 'working' yard (not a marina). You don't see this everyday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do I see correctly??? their fenders are tied to the lifelines? Humph!

I wouldn't do that to my 40 year old Bristol!

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
The owner can afford new lifelines out of pocket change, and the crew doesn't care...
Do I see correctly??? their fenders are tied to the lifelines? Humph!

I wouldn't do that to my 40 year old Bristol!

·
Registered
407 Posts
From a design standpoint, I just noticed something a little strange. On 99.9% of boats with twin wheels, the wheel pedestals are canted outboard to allow the helmsman a better of view of what is happening forward of the rig and a clear path from companionway to the stern for movement of people and goods. On this boat, the wheel pedestals are canted inboard giving almost no benefit whatsoever. Do they pivot outboard?

·
Registered
401 Posts
From a design standpoint, I just noticed something a little strange. On 99.9% of boats with twin wheels, the wheel pedestals are canted outboard to allow the helmsman a better of view of what is happening forward of the rig and a clear path from companionway to the stern for movement of people and goods. On this boat, the wheel pedestals are canted inboard giving almost no benefit whatsoever. Do they pivot outboard?
I guess it depends on where the base is located. On Giuletta the base of the pedestal is more midship whereas on this one the base more to the outside. It looks like the wheel is still out as far as it will go.

BTW, ice is almost gone :D

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
It really depends on where the base of the pedestal is. This boat appears to have the base of the pedestals as far outboard as possible—at the base of the cockpit benches, and need to cant inwards to allow the wheel the room it needs to clear the cockpit seats. It also leaves the area between the wheels clear as a passage... the wheels are too far outboard to get around them on the outside.

·
Registered
407 Posts
BTW, ice is almost gone :D
My cousin is going up to the island this weekend. Apparently the ice is out in Honey Harbour and they put their boat (18' aluminum like a Stanley) in yesterday. Still a little chilly for my taste but my cottage is 45 years old with almost no insulation and theirs is a 1 year old, fully insulated modular home.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here's a shot of Bella pita under sail during yesterday's Marblehead-to-Halifax race:

·
old guy :)
1,061 Posts
I love Bella Pita!

For me, my personal favourite eye candy is named Far Out. She is a gorgeous red colour and is 52 feet long.

Anybody else seen her?

Rik

1 - 18 of 18 Posts