1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Fair winds

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Asylum has been sold and will be up on the Chesapeake now. She has been a great boat and I have enjoyed participating on this forum over the years. Farewell to all.
Larry
Larry,

Congrats, even though I know this must be a bittersweet moment for you. Asylum was your baby -- you having ordered her new from the factory to your own specs. Someday I hope to be so lucky!

I always appreciated your solid boat advice (like sticking with a 130 genoa -- only wish I had listened!) and hope you'll stick around to continue offering it up. We'll watch for Asylum on the waters of the Chesapeake. Will she keep her name?

Fair winds, - John

·
Registered
85 Posts
You should still check in here! Your feedback was very good to have when I was shopping. Since when was this board restricted to owners-only??

I closed on "Kon Jeni-AL" last week. She's in the water now in Little Washington, but won't have a mast till Monday.

Alan
PSC 37

·
Coastal Carolinas
105 Posts
Larry,

If you get down to Little River, SC some weekend, give us a call and we'll get you out on the water. Besides, we owe you a drink! Best of luck and keep in touch with the forum.

John & Beth
S/V "Norstar"
PSC 34

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm a little late but congatulations on selling Asylum, I was down visiting in Oriental NC bout a week ago and was sailing out of Pierce Creek on a friends boat. There at the end of the creek sitting pretty as a picture was Asylum tied to a dock. I recognized her from the pics online, she happened to be at a residental dock so I shouted to the fellow on the dock "you must be Larry".
He informed me that he was not but was a broker from Deatons and that the boat had just sold. I know you will miss her but I do hope you will look in from time to time and share some of you fond memories.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Larry,

We'll be sure to watch for Asylum.

Say, did you happen to mention the Sailnet PSC forum to the new owners? It would be nice to keep the boat on our roster here. - John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts