SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cool, almost cold front came over SE PA last night.. It's Beautiful out there! Sadly, I have to go out of town for a week, Hope you all have a great week OUT THERE!

Reactions: jimgo

·
19,485 Posts
We have a Canadian Thanksgiving outing coming up this weekend.. forecast is not too bad at this point. It's a long weekend at a marina 18 NM away. We had a beautiful sail last Sunday - still Ts, shorts and barefeet even with a nice breeze - at the end of September!

Reactions: oysterman23

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
FALL! Hell its still in the 100's here... Southern California is in a heat wave

·
19,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I am in Massachusetts and will sail right up to October 31, unless I can get on a frostbiting crew again this winter. Saturday I am crewing on a Hinkley for a delivery from South West Harbor, ME to Portsmouth RI.

·
Old as Dirt!
3,487 Posts
A cool, almost cold front came over SE PA last night.. It's Beautiful out there! Sadly, I have to go out of town for a week, Hope you all have a great week OUT THERE!
Maybe it's time to start heading south Denise, Southwest Florida is really quite lovely in the winter except, perhaps, for a week or two in mid- to late January. No?

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Denise,

It was just 38-degrees f on my back deck yesterday morning - a temperature much lower than my age. My policy, since I turned 60, which was 14 years ago, was to try not to expose my body to a temperature lower than my age. Seems like South Florida is the place to be headed this time of year. Unfortunately, I have too many commitments this fall and winter and will not be headed south till January, and I'll be driving there as fast as legally possible. C'mon down to Marathon Key this winter and sing with an old man at the tiki bars and marinas - it's sure nice to be warm.

Cheers,

Gary :cool:

·
Captain Obvious
2,424 Posts
It's here too Denise, but conditions on the Hudson yesterday were choppy , whitecaps..... and the rigging was whistling at the dock. Not a boat on the water.

·
Registered
25,130 Posts
Unfortunately, late October commitments require that I begin the winterization process this weekend. Sails are always the last thing to come down. Might get one more sail in the Bay before she's on the hard in Nov.

One of these days, I need to head south for winter.

·
S/V Wyndwitch - Morgan 24
473 Posts
We just had a couple of blosy days on Great South Bay but the waethers been great for working on the boat listening to marine reports and or NPR...got all the electrical panels working and resituated. New main port light lenses. Every wire identified traced and secured. Even new led bow nav lights. We should have plenty of good sailing weather til thanksgiving...after that it is iffy!

·
Banned
325 Posts
Feel sorry for you sailors in the north. We're just getting into our best sailing season which will last through next late spring.
Bill in North Carolina
Hard to beat North Carolina weather.
Heck, 90% of the people in my marina don't even winterize there boats. I'll be sailing year round.
NC the Half Back Capital. :laugher

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Montana and have maybe three weekends left. I'm thankful I don't need a haulout like the big boys but it's getting to the high sixties on Flathead with a low wind. Just the kind of day to go knocking about Big Arm Bay.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts