SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas gifts are always a quandary for friends and family of liveaboards. We always end up receiving a bunch of...sorry for the harshness...crap that we have to either find a place to store or find some other unfortunate (but hopefully land-based) soul to be on the receiving end of a regift.

Fortunately, I received some rather useful and awesome Christmas gifts this year. My favorites:
A free shaft from Florida Freedivers for harvesting my dinner with a Hawaiian sling.
And a Vexilar unit for my boat which, when hooked (wirelesslessly) to my Navionics app, it updates my maps automatically to reflect the data that was just collected by the transducer (called SonarCharts Live).

What useful and interesting things did ya'll get for Christmas/holidays?

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,834 Posts
12 piece set of Gallyware

and a collapsible mixing bowl

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
19,484 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I got a C&C Landfall 38 for Christmas! Just closed. I'd post a pic but I need 10 posts before it will let me.
Congrats!.. I think you win! ;) Where in Canada?

We got a good two-handed Harken winch handle, and I got a Ukelele for those cockpit evenings - now just have to learn how to play it.

·
19,484 Posts
We are in New Brunswick. I have a baritone uke that I keep on the boat. Same tuning as a guitar.
Ahh... there was a nice C&C L38 for sale near here in Nanaimo so I wondered..

Finding this Uke a bit small, may look into a baritone too. Thx.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Vizz head lamp
Fender covers
Aqualung impulse 3 snorkel
Camp stove toaster
Pro mate snorkel vest
Scuba bag
Key buoy inflatable tag
Thervis thermal cups ( real handles)
Three REI endeavor shirts
Bow light
Fast dry swim trunks.
Santa was REAL good to me. (Think my bride sees what's not working for me and generates a list to disperse to friends and family. Think she explains to folks gift receipts don't work out too well so pick wisely).
P.S. I repetively ask my love ones what they want starting in the summer. I also see what they are struggling with due to age of object or poor design. If I get the same answer a few times it goes on my list for them.
We all used to guess. After explaining limitations of boat living people get over missing surprise factor. There is still some surprises as everyone's list is longer than what Santa can fit in his bag.

·
Freedom isn't free
3,285 Posts
From others.
Dr. LED nav lights, all the way around.
LED replacement bulbs for the cabin lights all the way around.
Digital Media Stereo Receiver, and AM/FM with bluetooth and remote
Kicker 4" UV/Water resistant white marine speakers

From myself to myself...
TP22 tiller pilot
Simrad is20 Speed/Depth/Wind system
Standard Horizon Explorer 1700 GPS VHF with DSC
Fixed folding swim ladder

It's been a retrofit Christmas for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.