SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although Im not new to off-shore cruising I am new to C&C yachts.I circumnavigated in a 30ft South-African designed Miura which I have sold and am now looking for a larger 38ft-41ft as a live-aboard for off-shore cruising.
I am very interested in the 38ftmk111 ,40ft and41ft.I would imagine that the 38ftmk111,being younger should be better constructed(should)than older models.Obviously the chance of a wet core worries me although I would have it surveyed.All three models look to be very good at all points of sail and very fast.They also seem to be very reasonably priced.
Are there any owners who could give me more feed-back on the pros/cons of these three models as I am in Australia?
Thanks.

·
19,488 Posts
Not an owner but have chartered a 38III some years back. As I recall it's a big, brawny boat and factory equipment on the one we had was noticeably lacking, especially the winches and mainsheet systems - of course by now those issues may have been addressed by her previous owner(s).

The 38 has some relatively extreme IOR bumps compared to the earlier 40 and to my eye the 40 is a prettier boat. It may be less spacious. Not sure which '41' you may be referring to... links to the listings would be helpful.

Are C&Cs at a premium price down under? or less than that since they are not local...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are very few C&C in Australia so I will be buying in USA or Canada. The 41ft seems to be 1984-1986 and looks very similar to the 40ft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts