SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Fuzzy
17,137 Posts
Reaction score
Ladies. And Gentlemen. Quite the nerve ive struck. So it seems. Everything from guys blaming boats for failed relationship, to "i am sailor woman, hear me roar". My point, and its a gentle point, not an attack against anyone, much less an attack against women is that at every marina, men scuttle about, doing repairs, tinkering, some even sailing. Their significant others are doing whatever they enjoy. Most men and women simply enjoy different things. Lighten up. No one is attacking your feminism, your woman hood or your character. When i see ads for "woman in bahamas seeking guy first mate" i will know the the world has shifted on its axis. Different hobbies attract men and women. This is news to anyone? Why would this fact offend anyone? Of course there are exceptions. One of those exceptions is tania aeibe (spelled wrong), a woman for whom i have huge respect. I still say the original poster has better odds of finding a cat than a woman who wants to cruise the bahamas with him. I do, however hope he found companionshio, as most adventure is best when shared.
Jeff
Do I hear the sounds of furious back peddling ?

So what did you mean
by rumored to exist, yet never seen, a good woman, who enjoys sailboats for longer than two hours at the marina.
?

It was a stupid thing to say in the first place. Any outrage (ffs son, it was pretty low key given the size of this thread) would be completely justified quite frankly.

I'm a bloke with a great partner who loves being on board every bit as much as I do and who involves herself in pretty much every area of sailing and yes, maintaining our boat. Surely this ridiculous and out of date notion that somehow the womenfolk can do no more than swan about the deck supping a glass of bubbly is if not already dead due for a merciful killing.

I do love the belated nod to Tania Aebi though. Reminds me somewhat of people who will whitter on for days about women being unsuitable for the hurly burly of the political life while in a vain attempt to prove they are not the sexist dinosaurs we all know them to be will throw in Margaret Thatcher as a female politician who is the shining exception to the rule.

Now you may be correct that Mr Foster searches in vain but your original statement is either so much cow crap or maybe simply the cry of the sad and lonely guy.

Reactions: Rezz

· Super Fuzzy
17,137 Posts
Reaction score
I stated in my previous post that Mr FletcherGuitar's original statement is either so much cow crap or maybe simply the cry of the sad and lonely guy.

That may not be completely true. I suspect in fact that I am guilty of Troll feeding.

So ...... is either so much cow crap, maybe simply the cry of the sad and lonely guy or he's an effing troll looking (and in my case sadly finding) willing victims.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.