SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Reaction score
I'm considering whether or not a proper repair can be made with everything in place.

It's under a substantial load so I want some input as to whether or not this is sound thinking.
. . The whole mess stove in several inches, it has been pushed back almost to the correct position in the photos. The forestay also attaches to this massive hunk of metal. So i need the replicate the original strength.
If I read this correctly, this Anchor Roller also doubles a the Stem Piece. Thus it is under tremendous loads. In other words, if this fails you can loose your rig. Don't take any chances on this.
i could use some suggestions to get the hardware off.
Don't worry about saving the fasteners (screws and nuts) -- it would be prudent to replace them anyway.

Break off the nuts underneath and hammer out the screws with a drift pin. Of, if that fails, drill out the screws from the top down.

Then remove the fitting and do a proper repair.

:) The next time you're blissfully tacking into 10 foot seas and 40 kts of breeze, you'll relax knowing you took the time to do it right.

· Registered
74 Posts
Reaction score
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.