SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after nearly two seasons of legitimate work needed and a lot of excuses why I wasn't ready, I took the little bobber out to a local lake.

was a pain to set up, as I knew it would be, but once it was in the water, everything went great.

the new avatar is shot over the bow.

girlfriend is a little apprehensive about heeling and such so I left the jib down and just enjoyed a day of easy sailing and she had fun too.

·
S/V Calypso
246 Posts
well after nearly two seasons of legitimate work needed and a lot of excuses why I wasn't ready, I took the little bobber out to a local lake.

was a pain to set up, as I knew it would be, but once it was in the water, everything went great.

girlfriend is a little apprehensive about heeling and such so I left the jib down and just enjoyed a day of easy sailing and she had fun too.
Any avatar featuring beer is a good one! Congrats on the outing!

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,642 Posts

So do we have to guess what size/make boat she is? I commend you on being considerate to her feelings. THAT is what makes people want to come back on your boat!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So do we have to guess what size/make boat she is? I commend you on being considerate to her feelings. THAT is what makes people want to come back on your boat!
she is a 19 foot o'day. 1980 vintage. first sailboat I have owned. I rented previously a couple times a FL. very rewarding to get your own out there.

she'll get better as we go along I think. she did take the helm a couple times even so shouldn't be too long

·
Registered
105 Posts
First thing is that beer needs a PFD so it doesn't get lost overboard.
Congrats and smart move to keep it flat until your girlfriend gets use to the healing. Lots of time we sail with just the jib for an easier and flatter sail.
A lot of people don't like the heeling and you just adapt and save that for when you have a crew that does.
Have fun!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah once I get a little more in tune with this rig I have a few friends who want to go out and they look forward to the heeling.

no need for a pfd it didn't stay on deck long enough. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts