SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was bound to happen eventually :)

My wife and I are now proud new owners of a 1975 O'Day 25 (Hull # 28) named 'the Jade Dragon'. She' very solid and in great condition for her age. She came with a 9.9 evinrude, a nearly new main, an ok jib and a pretty much shot 150 genoa. As part of the deal, the seller let me swap out the jib and genoa for a much better set. The Admiral and I will be making our maiden sail a little later on today (she wants to clean the house first. Go figure :) ).

I don't have any decent pics yet but I plan to get some today. In the meantime, here's the pics from the sales ad.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
'bout time.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Took ya long enough... ;)

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Congratulations, ckgreenman! I'm jealous that you're going to be sailing her today. We bought our boat 2 months ago, and she's buried under snow still! Good luck with the new boat.
-J

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well sadly today was a wash. The winds were just a little to high and I wasn't comfortable taking her out by myself. Of course it didn't help that 3 more experienced sailors told me they weren't going out in these winds either. All this before I even got to the boat.

SOOOO today was spent running around buying cleaning supplies and looking at what we need for the boat. I also got a chance to take a closer look at the new sails. Both look to be in decent shape. One of the sails is a 170 while the other only says "Lapper".

I also got a chance to look through the cabin and get rid of a lot of crap.

Also got her into her new slip

Attachments

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Not like that was really necessary, how many boats have a big ugly green dragon on the transom???

:laugher :laugher :laugher

Chris,

Thanks for pin pointing where the boat is.:rolleyes:

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:laugher :laugher :laugher

Chris,

Thanks for pin pointing where the boat is.:rolleyes:
Should I be worried? Hmmmm...... :D

I wasn't entirely sure which slip I was gonna get until Saturday. I took a walk out to the end of the fairway and noticed that it was REALLY bouncy out there. The marina is not far from a another one and there is a lot of powerboat traffic (IOW lots of wake).

I was a little worried about having maneuvering room right up until the time the guy helping me move the boat did a 360 right in the middle of the fairway. helps when you can turn the outboard as well :)

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Man I wish I'd known that, I'd have offered you the RV. As it is some guy who likes to shower with his cats bought it.
Cam actually bought your RV... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jaded Dragon.....

Chris -

Congrats on your purchase. Do you by chance have the boat on Lake Norman?? I saw an ad for a boat like this that I believe had a dragon on the back of it. If im not mistaking, I belive it was on craigslist.

If I'm correct, can you tell me what the lake norman market is like right now? I was thinking of checking out a Pearson 32 or a Hunter 25.5 that was also being advertised; however was unsure just how much of a buyers market it was.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy the new boat!

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts