SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have found 3 other Finnsailer owners. There are now a total of 3 Finnsailer Finnclipper 35 and 1 Finnsailer 28 in American waters. Three of these boats will be in New England this summer. Anyone else out there???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, this is another Finnsailer 35 owner. My name is George and I come from Greece. I own the boat with my brother. We have reconstructed it by scratch. Now it is floating. We both like it very much. The only problem we have noticed (which occurs from the long keel) is that when we are sailing backwards (for mooring) the steering wheel cannot rotate the boat. Is there a tip I should know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello , Tom here from Comox, British Columbia,Canada. Just bought our retirement toy three months ago....waiting for the kids to finish school...I think this FinnClipper 35 will do us just fine in the waters around Vancouver Island.

Tom
"Lochinvar"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do any of you owners of Finnsailer 35's happen to know how to lower and raise the hinged mast? I know there is a way to do this and am hoping that someone has instructions. Would love to share information about these boats with fellow owners. There is not much info on the internet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ahoy, Add us to the list. Our 1970 Finnclipper 35 will under go a Stem to Stern refit before we head to the Puget Sound. Any advice and knowledge will be Greatly appreciated. My contact info is @ Barnacle Bob's Sailing Adventures Facebook. Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you ! Capt BobH & Linda

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day, ahoy

I just (2014) bought a finnsailer 35, she is in Greek waters and great fun, very spacious and comfortable and safe

Appreciate being put on your list, anyone close to northern age an sea? or passing along Evvia island, Evripos channel.

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day! i'm new of this forum, i'm interested with this boat, may somebody tell me how she sail, how she beat on waves, may I have your opinion abt this boat. I have the idea to visit Mediterranean sea, and Canarian Islands.

Thanks for reply.

Eugenio

·
Registered
2 Posts
dear Eugenio,
a simple answer is not possible, because each choice has its pros and cons.
I choose the Finnsailer because you can easily and safe sail her with two persons even under rough conditions (meltemi), and when there is no wind, both situations are typical for northern agean sea. It is not a racer and not a sailboat, its a motorsailer and thus not good if you want to make the best out of the wind, thus I more often use the engine than you would with a keel boat. But with 6 Bft from 60 -120 degrees she would make 6 -7 sm without getting wet.
This information for a start, hope that it helps

john

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
We just bought our retirement boat Dukka which is a 1975 launched in '78 35 ft Finnsailer. Perfect for our dream of sailing north to Alaska. She is moored presently at Quadra Island, BC, Canada. Would love to know more about this dream boat of ours.

Grace and Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I have just become the owner of a Finnclipper 35 by 1974. As I have not yet sailed the boat home, I amused myself by taking up some information and then found this original brochure online (in Swedish). I think it's a fantastic boat built in a way that you can not find on boats today. The boats were built in Finland by Fiskars and Turku shipyard where you can still build boats of little bigger character. Each built boat is certified by "Loyds". Will sail the boat to its home port in early May and cross Sweden from west to east through the "Gota Canal".

/Tomas

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi friends, We have just bought a 1974 Finnsailer 35. It's in very good original condition. We can pick it up in a few weeks. The seller has mentioned some problems with the boats holding tank.

Does anyone know where it's placed in this boat and is it easy to access/replace?

Thanks from Lars (Denmark)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone out there have a Finnsailer 35 built by Fiskars? Captain Bob and I would love to communicate with you.

Helen Wiley, S/V Cornucopia, Finnsailer 35, Savannah, GA
Hi Helen. I also aquired last year a Finnsailer 35. It is based in Salamis close to Athens and we mailly sail in the Saronic Golf and Cyclades. We love this boat and would be very happy to share experiences with all of the other owners. All the best. Dimi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts