SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Reaction score
actually, on the real topic of this thread, it occurred to me that it would be easy to shoot geese from my boat. It seems like I should be OK if I am anchored when I do it - Does anybody know the rules in Maryland? I assume all the rules about non-toxic shot, limited magazine capacity, federal duck stamp etc. are the same in MD as they are NY.

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Reaction score
nailbunny

thats the same rule as in NY. Except here we have an exception. The law says you have to use non toxic shot TO HUNT MIGRATORY WATERFOWL. It also says you can discharge a weapon "over water" if it does not otherwise endanger anyone. So, technically, if you want to shoot clays over water you can use any shot you want. Non toxic is pretty expensive unless you use steel. As somebody above said, the devil is in the details. It is obvious to me that the people making the gun laws (at least around here) dont know much about guns or hunting

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Reaction score
On discharging a firearm within 500 ft. of a residence - We have that law but it says "unless you have permission from the homeowner". That means you are OK if it is YOUR home. It is important to check the details in each state. The NRA has a database of such things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.