SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diving in head first. Looking for suggestions on where to begin to learn while getting her ready for the water. We happened to stumble on an opportunity of a lifetime and couldnt pass on her. Endeavour 32 with a solid hull, clean interior and only needing a good cleaning and a little love. We have had a small power boat many years ago but ZERO sailing. I know this might be a bit big to start out on but considering she was practically given to us we couldnt say no... Any suggestions on where to begin would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to any and all info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sound advice and a good start.

Thanks everyone for chiming in and taking time to offer new folks some good advice on where to start. I look forward to adding our 2 cents once we bot a season or 2 or 10 under our belt. Thanks again and we'll post updates as they happen.

Cheers
Jack & Penny

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bottom paint quandry

Hull is now sanded and all looks good. No blisters. I went down to the barrier paint (and to fiberglass insome spots.STUPID I now know) We are getting mixed instructions from here. Some say i must remove all barrier paint and apply new barrier and then ablative. Some say if no blisters are.found barrier is not needed. I want to do this right but without breakin the bank. Ive attached a pic.. Hoping it helps even if only a little. Thanks all.
Cheers
J & P

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have placed the order for Nigels book. I have begun familiarizing myself with some of the systems easy access to them but will doc deeper once i get my book. As for the engine we have the Yanmar 3GMD which im told is adequate for the boat. Thanks for the tip on the book and slight added aprehension with all to get to know. Its the good kind of excitement though.
Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.