SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Members are very important to us....

As you know the internet has many Spammers so we have devious anti-spam software on the forum. However sometimes it makes your initial posts go into the Big Bad Spam Filter in the Cloud.

So if you send a Post, or a Reply, but it doesn't get onto the Forum within 5 minutes you may need to make sure you don't have URL Links in your post or triggering words like "Come buy this stolen phone".

If you have a problem try putting a SHORT text-only post in reply to this, and we will kick the computer :) and recover your posts.

Once you make a few posts the spam filter will know who you are and you'll not be bothered by it again.

Happy sailing! :)

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had a post get caught up in the auto-spam filter. Oddly, it was my third post and the first two worked fine. I think it went to a "Deleted Posts" section which I don't have the ability to see. I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
Herreshoff/Vaitses Meadowlark
77 Posts
I made my first post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum, and it's been 30 minutes or more, and I don't see it.
Have I been filtered?
After some searching, it seems my first post is "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

I don't seem to have any issues with replying to this thread.

Is there something I need to do, other than posting here?

·
Administrator
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After some searching, it seems my first post is "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

I don't seem to have any issues with replying to this thread.

Is there something I need to do, other than posting here?
We have a new system that is a tad perplexing to the lame-brained moderators.

?

·
Administrator
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't see my post yet! On the diesel engine maintenance forum. Been a few hours.
Yep, just found it and approved it.

I don't know why it triggered the spam filter.

Crazy software!

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
Missing Post "FrankenCat."

It may seem like a silly idea to some; but, I'm quite serious about it. I hope my literary sense of humor doesn't offend.

·
Registered
21 Posts

As you know the internet has many Spammers so we have devious anti-spam software on the forum. However sometimes it makes your initial posts go into the Big Bad Spam Filter in the Cloud.

So if you send a Post, or a Reply, but it doesn't get onto the Forum within 5 minutes you may need to make sure you don't have URL Links in your post or triggering words like "Come buy this stolen phone".

If you have a problem try putting a SHORT text-only post in reply to this, and we will kick the computer :) and recover your posts.

Once you make a few posts the spam filter will know who you are and you'll not be bothered by it again.

Mark
My post disappeared after editing the spelling.

Title: Native Solutions to Common Problems

·
Administrator
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also your profile has Spam triggers. Starting with the word Banking!
Your location is Fiji but Time Zone Columbia. (change that to US Eastern or to where u actually are as your IP Adress needs to match.

Mark 😊

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cannot see it anywhere.

Weird!
I reposted it. Hopefully it will show up. However, I didn't get the a message stating it was being held for approval. Also, the images I added moved when I touched them, after posting. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I'm still not seeing the post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I reposted it. Hopefully it will show up. However, I didn't get the a message stating it was being held for approval. Also, the images I added moved when I touched them, after posting. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I'm still not seeing the post.
Nuts, now it's in there twice. Can you remove one of them?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Mark
Ok

1 - 20 of 20 Posts