SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sundayt Imi and I had our first sail after WAY too long fixing the leaking holding tank and replacing the upper shrouds (two trips up the mast just to get the old ticker thumping good!). Our sail was at the beginning of this NorthEaster with 15 to 17K winds and gusts to 20 or 25. The boat and we LOVED it! We had a glorious beam reach down the appropraitely termed "Reach" between Deer Isle and the Mainland. Every time I looked up we were passing another buoy as Kenlanu maintained a pretty constant 6.5 to 6.9 knots! The best was going forward where, for an old fart, I felt wonderfully secure and stable. But mostly I felt the power and movement of a boat happily doing what she loves. The two pictures say it all.

Jay

PS 37, # 171, Kenlanu

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
When the admiral is happy, everyone is happy.:D Looks like you had a great sail.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, folks. There were just such smiles on both sides of the camera. What a wonderful boat! We are heading out this weekend with friends. I doubt we'll have those wonderful winds but am looking forward to sailing in all her moods.

Jay

PSC 37, # 171, Kenlanu

·
Wing n' Wing
49 Posts
Yahoo

Yahoo, Deer Isle!
We sail in the Pacfic Northwest out of Friday Harbor, WA; Deer Isle area would be my next choice. If we trailer our other boat, a PS Flicka out to your part of the country, would you advise where to start?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts