SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experience fitting a GPS tracker to their boat. Can you fit one to the Vodia diagnostic connector on a Volvo Penta engine or is there a better place to fit one so that it can be powered?:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about a car type tracker. I wonder if one can be fitted to the Vodia connection on my Volvo Penta Engine?

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,265 Posts
I'm not familiar with the vodia connection, but I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find a hot terminal somewhere and run a small wire with a fuse to power the tracker. Your bilge pump power supply should be hot when the boat is unattended. How 'bout that wire?

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
A "tracker" just needs power, and proprietary engine connectors are totally irrelevant.

Unless you're trying to do something special, forget everything except connecting the power leads from the tracker to the battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. Looks like it will be simpler to avoid the engine connection and simply attach the power lead directly to the battery via a fused switch or alternatively use the bilge pump switch on the power consule?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts