SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right...boat has been on the hard for a month...5 1/2 months until launch.
I'm already going insane...and now officially strongly dislike winter.

Hmmm...perhaps I can hibernate...

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
What do you mean going insane??

·
Splashed
572 Posts
Hibernation

My boat has been on the hard for a week, and I'm wondering if a winter-depression is on it's way - hibernation sounds like a great alternative, though :D
Somebody wake me up in April, when it's time to slap on bottom paint..And start sailing again :cool:

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean going insane??
I mean my wife thinks I have an obsession, and she's mad it's not with her...

If I'm like this in November, with the winter on the doorstep, what will it be like when the snow begins to disappear, and I am back aboard getting ready for launch?

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
LOL.. you missed my point entirely... that you can't be going insane...since you're already there. :)

Your wife has a point... :)

·
Splashed
572 Posts
All sailors are insane

From Wikipedia: "Traditionally, insanity or madness is the behaviour whereby a person flouts societal norms and may become a danger to themself and others."

I think we all fit that description?
:laugher

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From Wikipedia: "Traditionally, insanity or madness is the behaviour whereby a person flouts societal norms and may become a danger to themself and others."

I think we all fit that description?
:laugher
Ironic that we live in a society, agreeing by proxy as a majority on what is "normal"...yet we so prize "thinking outside the box."

I say, I am completely normal...and everyone else is crazy.

HA!

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinking of trying ice boating. My folks live on a lake...looks like a ride on the razor's edge...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts