SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the marina charging me $102 to haul the boat to try a diffrent prop and then when that did not work another $353 to trouble shoot the motor and they found nothing wrong and suggested another prop. They were claiming that the prop was to big and not allowing the governer to open up. So then I went to the internet and did a search on Universal M25 Governer and low and behold the governer is adjustable and within minutes I had the motor running up to a perfect RPM. 2500-2600 rpms and 6.2-6.3 knots into a 10 knot head wind.

Scott

· Registered
319 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't ansewer this I found a post on several catlina forums about having to make this adjustment on there boats since this M25 was in alot of those boats. I agree it sounds odd but it work like a charm and have confirmed my Tach reading with a photometric tach that its not running to hard. I wish I knew the answer to the diffrence between in gear and out of gear but I don't.

Universal m25 low rpm under load (FIXED !!!) - Ask All Sailors Forum

Scott

· Registered
319 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great info, one diffrence in our situation is our gear is a 3:1 v-drive which is why is has a 16" prop on it. I have a feeling that is why it needed ot be adjusted that from the factory it had a 2:1 reduction on it.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.