SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
Reaction score
I am a little confused:confused:

If the governer was holding the RPM to 2100 how come the engine would free rev to 3200 RPM?;)

Just wondering for my geewizz files.:rolleyes:

1970Columbia34

New Diesel Still with problems

Well guys still having problems with the remanufactured motor. We put in the M25xp and Martec made a 16"x16 rh prop for the boat and 2 other prop makers confirmed that would be the prop for the boat, put the boat in the water could only get about 2100 rpms and 5.o knots. so figured the prop was wrong and martec stood by there prop and made a 16"x12p rh, pulled the boat and swaped the props to find that the motor still only would hit 2100 rpms and not only go 4 knots, so now we know its not the prop. my thinking is something is up the the motor what do you guys think? motor revs up just fine when not in gear 3200+ with ease. Any ideas I am trying to locate a good diesel mechanic to look at the motor. Thanks

Scott

· Registered
928 Posts
Reaction score
Have you checked your free run RPM?

Can't ansewer this I found a post on several catlina forums about having to make this adjustment on there boats since this M25 was in alot of those boats. I agree it sounds odd but it work like a charm and have confirmed my Tach reading with a photometric tach that its not running to hard. I wish I knew the answer to the diffrence between in gear and out of gear but I don't.

Universal m25 low rpm under load (FIXED !!!) - Ask All Sailors Forum

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.