SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to complete the sale of a Contessa 32 which was found to have Osmosis in the Under-sole water tank. I am contemplating having a Seaflex flexible water tank, or more accurately a flexible liner fitted. Has anyone fitted a flexible liner on a Contessa 32? If so, is it a difficult job and can it be done without lifting the cabin sole? Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail address is [email protected]

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
We used flexible water tanks on an Ohlson 38 and found them very handy and simple to use for a Transatlantic/European cruise. Getting the tanks into the space you have may be interesting. (We put ours in lockers under the vee berths, forward, so had no problems getting them placed or plumbing them with plastic tubing after a couple of valves were properly sealed.) Your under-sole tank may have some baffles in it that would make fitting a liner next to impossible, and you may have to lift the sole and take the top off the tank itself to find out. Another issue: even with a liner in place, there may be condensation between it and the fiberglass, so it may not resolve your osmosis problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts