SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,098 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about the survey, DavyJ. I checked it out, and from the video introduction got the impression that the FWC is hearing more from homeowners than boaters.

· Registered
1,098 Posts
Reaction score
My two cents.....I like the idea of a setback for anchoring near public or private property, and 150' seems reasonable tome. I don't like the 60 day rule, as that's going to be tough to enforce fairly; FWC should be able to get rid of derelict boats at the Owner's expense, but how are we going to define derelict and interpret that definition consistently? All of the rules, if enacted, should allow an exemption for mariner's seeking safe harbor.

We own waterfront property, also, and have no problem with long-term anchoring in front of our place....I think having boats swinging at anchor adds to the scenic beauty of the river.

· Registered
1,098 Posts
Reaction score
I think it might be a good idea to have a defined setback and state-level regulations to prevent some local jurisdictions from caving to the demands of waterfront homeowners who would demand a total ban on anchoring. Compromise isn't necessarily a bad thing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.