SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,466 Posts
Reaction score
I took the survey. I strongly disagree with the 150 foot setback. Try traveling the ICW between Miami and Fort Pierce anchoring for the night and meeting the setback.

Also any regulation must be state wide.

· Registered
2,466 Posts
Reaction score
So it begins, or maybe so it ends. Just got this email from a Florida sailing association I belong to.

"First bill has been introduced restricting anchoring in Florida.The first bill has been introduced restricting anchoring in Florida. This could be just the start of many bills to come in regards to anchoring. Senator Charles Dean, Republican from Inverness introduced the bill on March 4th. The bill is scheduled to go into affect July 1, 2015. With the 200-foot setback suggested it would basically knock out any cove less than 600 feet across. This would give water front landowners the control of state owned waters 200 feet from their shoreline! This is a deterrent to cruisers and not a safety issue. "

Here is a link to the bill https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2015/1548/BillText/Filed/PDF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.