SailNet Community banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

· Registered
25,122 Posts
Reaction score

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Reaction score
That Sunset Lake situation is perplexing in that there must be some law in place to stop that kind of obnoxious behavior already. Obstructing a waterway? Littering? Environmental hazard? Obviously LE is looking the other way here because they can always find some reason to issue summonses when and if they want to.
He's a millionaire who probably donates a lot of money to city, county and state officials running for re-election. You really think someone like that is going to be written a citation? Not in this lifetime.

· 2005 Gemini 105Mc
112 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
The problem will come later when they ignore the fact that you are against local governments intervention. But, they will then use the results of the survey to say, see, we need anchoring time limits and set-backs from certain areas.
I quoted myself from the first page of this thread. I warned folks to be careful how they responded to the survey. These things are in the state senate bill and the wording is frighteningly similar to the survey. And of course the bill has nothing to do with vessel safety.

Give them an inch, and they will take a mile...... well, in this case 200'.....:mad:

Reactions: Group9

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Reaction score
I quoted myself from the first page of this thread. I warned folks to be careful how they responded to the survey. These things are in the state senate bill and the wording is frighteningly similar to the survey. And of course the bill has nothing to do with vessel safety.

Give them an inch, and they will take a mile...... well, in this case 200'.....:mad:
Having worked in state government at two different times in my life, I would be willing to bet that the survey and this legislation, were written at the same time, by the same people, and for the same purpose.

· 2005 Gemini 105Mc
112 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I would be willing to bet that the survey and this legislation, were written at the same time, by the same people, and for the same purpose.
Yeah..... It's probably just a coincidence that Christopher Smith, who tried to introduce last years bill, and Charles Dean, who authored this bill, sit on the same environmental committee.......Yeah, probably just a coincidence......

121 - 126 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.