SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Freedom Chip Counter
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my wife and I are coastal cruisers living in South Florida. We’ve explored (by sailboat) as far South as Biscayne Bay, but would like to find a nice marina (and or anchorages) anywhere from Key Largo to roughly Lower Matecumbe Key (inside or out). We’ve visited and dived this area quite a bit in the last 5 years, but never with keeping an eye out for a decent marina. We draw 4’-4” and have found a marina or two that appear to cater mostly to sport fisherman. We’d like to find something a little more sailboat oriented!

Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Dave

·
Sailor
927 Posts
I know this is a bit farther out but Marathon City Marina in Boot Key Harbour has a great community but you need to be on a mooring ball. Lots of sail and community breakfasts, etc. they lend bikes and are close to a Publix for groceries.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hi all, my wife and I are coastal cruisers living in South Florida. We’ve explored (by sailboat) as far South as Biscayne Bay, but would like to find a nice marina (and or anchorages) anywhere from Key Largo to roughly Lower Matecumbe Key (inside or out). We’ve visited and dived this area quite a bit in the last 5 years, but never with keeping an eye out for a decent marina. We draw 4’-4” and have found a marina or two that appear to cater mostly to sport fisherman. We’d like to find something a little more sailboat oriented!

Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Dave
I kept my boat at Koblick’s on Largo Sound for several years and like it - great people, very laid back - but no amenities at all and wouldn’t describe it as “nice” - more like “rustic” in a Keys conch-ey kind of way.

For nice and sailboat oriented Blue Waters in Tavernier is the only place I can think of, and your draft my be an issue there.....I think the channel has just over 4’ at the entrance at low tide if I recall correctly. But it would be worth giving them a call, if you haven’t already checked them out, IMHO.

Reactions: scubadoo

·
Freedom Chip Counter
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's perfect! Just looking for some first hand knowledge...as long as they have power we're good to go. Will definitely check it out.
Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts