SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sarcasm? Not at all. I did significantly exceed his price range though. However, I truly think the 26X is the ideal boat to cruise the Florida Panhandle.
Trailerable, extreme shoal draft, fast under power, some sailing ability, unsinkable, etc.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Who needs sarcasm? I think the Mac26X is the future of sailing and the numbers sold prove it. With her extreme shoal draft with board up and ability to get home quickly, I thinks she is actually safer than most heavier traditional boats (IF the water ballast is in and she is not overloaded). For cruising under a combination of sail and power, she is ideal for the extreme shoal water of the Florida panhandle and Big Bend. In fact, very few other boats can cruise close to shore in the Big Bend and the 26X would be perfect for Cedar Key area. The ability to trailer her to the Keys is icing on the cake. If I did not already have an older 28' sailboat, I'd buy a Mac26X.
I should become a 26X dealer cuz I am a believer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.