SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a big boat, with room for many to enjoy! Join DAGNY, the well-appointed 72 foot ketch somewhere (she´s in Florida til mid December, then heading for Caribbean) for serious sailing - sun, sea and fresh air! We love island hopping, swimming, snorkling, whale and porpoise watching, hands-on sailing (we motor as little as possible), excursions ashore, ´sundowner´ cocktails in the cockpit, good home cooking, and waving over fellow sailors for instant friendship. $30 per day, per person gets you bunk, board and adventure. see more at www.lexiconboats.com Thanks for looking, Rhea & Petur

·
Registered
1 Posts
ready to go!!

Hello, i am in san fran at the moment but will be back in florida dec. 15 and have a job that i need to get to in Utila, Honduras as a dive master!! last time i went down there i did the same thing and crewed a boat from ft. myers, fl to rio dulce, guatemala. i would love to help you get down there as well, let me know if you still need some people!! my email is [email protected], look forward to hearing from you!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We do not need to have a US document to be in compliance. A European document works too. We are not operating from US port to US port, and further, we have fewer than 6 passengers. So, we do not need to hire an American master but thanks for the contact anyhow.

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,095 Posts
We do not need to have a US document to be in compliance. A European document works too. We are not operating from US port to US port, and further, we have fewer than 6 passengers. So, we do not need to hire an American master but thanks for the contact anyhow.
Hey, what do I know? Help me out...what European document would you have in mind?

I would think the moment someone steps on a boat within US coastal waters, with the intent to pay to $30 for a sail, the operator is required to have a US license. IS there a CFR that says otherwise?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts