SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I replaced four of our bronze wilcox crittendon (1970's era) with Spartan flush mount thru-hulls found here Bronze and Stainless Marine Hardware - Spartan Marine Hardware and Accessories | Robinhood Marine Center the flush mount matched the original recessed area in the hull. As Maine Sail pointed out not sure about the foreign boat though...I think Spartan is the way to go. Buy one and see how it fits. I would stay away from 5200. As others have pointed out use 4200 or a sika brand adhesives and sealants found here http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think you can go either way with the adhesive, it really comes down to personal preference. My thought process is if something goes wrong with the seacocks and thru hull that I installed (FYI I am just a diy'er and still learning a lot) it will be somewhat easy to remove, so prefer sealants that can be removed easier than 5200. Now that's not say I don't or haven't used 5200 I have in certain applications. I have also pulled out a lot of old 5200 and it's not that difficult with the right tools. Again I just prefer Sitka flex products so have a tendency to recommend that product because I try to suggest products that I have used without complication. Gosh I wish iwas offshore...have a great time

1 - 2 of 2 Posts