SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Reaction score
Letrappes, I thought about painting mine, but the headliner was there for a reason. The underneath it is essentially raw fiberglass (no gelcoat covering). It is rough and looks funny. I was thinking of using epoxy to try to smooth it out, but given that it's overhead, I have yet to think of a good way to get the epoxy on in a smooth coat where it won't drip. That's why I was leaning toward some kind of covering for the ceiling instead. I was thinking of going with a smooth plastic panel held in place with Velcro.

Anyway, sorry to contribute to the thread drift here. To Bene's original question, I think SailRite recommends 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive 16.75oz for use with their headliner (see Vinyl Headliner UV Protected Perforated with Foam Backing. and Installing a Foam Backed Headliner in a Boat Video).

· Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Reaction score
Letrappes, I thought about painting mine, but the headliner was there for a reason. The underneath it is essentially raw fiberglass (no gelcoat covering). It is rough and looks funny. I was thinking of using epoxy to try to smooth it out, but given that it's overhead, I have yet to think of a good way to get the epoxy on in a smooth coat where it won't drip. That's why I was leaning toward some kind of covering for the ceiling instead. I was thinking of going with a smooth plastic panel held in place with Velcro.

Anyway, sorry to contribute to the thread drift here. To Bene's original question, I think SailRite recommends 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive 16.75oz for use with their headliner (see Vinyl Headliner UV Protected Perforated with Foam Backing. and Installing a Foam Backed Headliner in a Boat Video). However, I don't think that I would go back to a permanently installed liner except for a few places where the shapes are just too odd to try anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.